2 cups left over wild turkey ( or any other game bird )
3 tbs unsalted butter
3 tbs flour
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp cracked pepper
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 cup turkey broth (or chicken broth)
1 cup milk
1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
8oz cream cheese, softened
- In skillet melt butter over medium high heat, whisk in flour until smooth
- Add salt, garlic and pepper, stir and cook for one minute
- Whisk in broth and milk until smooth, cook over medium heat, whisking often so not to burn. Cook until sauce starts to thicken
- Remove from heat and stir in 1/2 cup mozzarella and parmesan cheese.
- In bowl beat cream cheese until smooth, add to cheese mixture and blend until fully mixed.
- Fold in wild turkey until mixed completely
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese
- Bake in Traeger at 400 degrees for 25-30 minutes until bubbly and cheese starts to brown
- Serve with garlic bread, veggies, crackers or just dig in with a spoon.